Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Adidas Originals: The Street Party

First, watch this trailer:



Next, the real show.

*******

This invitation came by rather late, in fact just few hours before it started. But knowing me, I live for the moment, and I said YES without thinking twice. You wanna know why? Because of all the events I've been to, Adidas threw the coolest, and the most relaxed parties, never failed. Anyway, thanks to the good people in Adidas for the kind invitation.

As you can see on the card, the party starts at 8.30pm. And I, as a good Malaysian reached there right about time.


Walked down the small road to the entrance of the event, I already saw some familiar artworks and I just knew it's gonna be a nice event.

For your information, the 'evil-looking-but-most-probably-harmless' creatures on the walls is called Oneye ('one eye'), a fine creation by my fellow Komodo Ninja brother, Spoonman. You can check his funky artworks at Oneye by Spoonman. In fact, he did an awesome sneaker customize job for me, couple of years ago, but I shall write about that in another entry.


There were some sick easy riders too,

Which reminded me of mine, some years ago:

There must be some music performance (I saw the drummer of Bittersweet) but I wasn't quite sure if I missed it earlier or while I was out for a while for dinner at Sushi King.

By the time I got there again, the fashion preview was already half way.

Right after the fashion preview, a rather interesting performance came up by a glam, disco electropop female singer by the name of Saer Ze, or ZE! Think Madonna, Lady Gaga, MIA, Santogold, or Peaches. "I am so glam, I piss glitter," said ZE! Word. She was accompanied by three super energetic dancers throughout her performance.

The session was wrapped after few songs. Next up, this young man came up to the stage, I guess to perform? I wasn't quite sure at that time. He introduced himself as Shawn Lee, describes his next performance as a "small boy with big sounds!!" Oh boy, I wished you didn't say something else. Click on his name or Shawn Lee Beat Box to check his story.

And to my amazement, this dude flipped the whole event. He beatboxed like he's been doing it since karaoke box was just being invented. And how old is this kid, 18? Indeed, a very good talent.



His performance was recorded for only around three minutes, but you know what, he beatboxed the heck out of him for at least, SEVEN MINUTES, NON-STOP. Crazy kid. Do that for another three minutes and you'll end up being a radio.

No, no, no. It hasn't finished yet. What's there in an event without these two of the best DJs in Malaysia?

DJ Goldfish and DJ Blink (hiding somewhere - he's shy most of the times)

While I was jumping to the music by Goldfish and Blink, I saw these two very little kids, doing their own thing, so amazingly.



I thought both of them were done, but no, wait:



I seriously think if their parents (I think both of them are siblings - judging from the 'tightness' of their performance) encourage them to keep on dancing, I'll be like, MAD RESPECT.

Oh wait, this is the BEST, and I mean it, the BEST part of the night. Stephanie Chai was there too. No, that's still not the best part. The best part was, she was dancing her feet off, in front of me.

I was like, "Whoaaa... Hold on gorgeous," but I thought right after, like, it's not gonna happen again any time soon, so I was like, "Hey Stephanie!" and watch the video and look how she posed for me. Dalam hati ada taman...



And a few more pictures of the night,


*******

Part II (Adidas Sneakers Invasion) coming up very soon. Keep checking.

No comments: