Monday, May 10, 2010

Nike SB Dunk Lo "Pushead" (2005)

*First of all, the right way to pronounce the artist's name is "pus-head", not "puss-head". If you still can't differentiate it, go to Dictionary.com and listen to the audio pronounce.

Okay, you've seen the Random Sadoshots: "My name is Red", recently. This is the story.

I'm not sure I've ever told anyone that I don't like Nike SB Dunk Lo, compared to Nike SB Dunk Hi, and other models. It's not very comfortable. But the thing is, Nike SB always come out with lots of designs and collaborations, besides of course, Nike Air Max and the rest of the family. Nike SB is like a playground for artists, celebrities and brands to venture in the lifestyle-slash-streetwear scene.

That's the good part. The not-so-good part is that, there's so many designs and colours, majority of the designs are just whack. So it leaves the minority with something worth to buy, or collect. One more thing, it is designed for skateboarding, hence the cushion padding (midsole) is bulkier than other models. If we use common sense, bulkier midsole cushion padding means more comfort. It's true in a way, but it kind of presses your feet a bit too much, if you wear it for many hours.

But in life, there's always exception to something. Same goes to me with the Nike SB Dunk Lo. I do have my soft spots in few of them, and these few, are the ones that I will buy, eventually.

One of the very few

So while I was browsing some time ago, I bumped into this awesome pair, on sale by a friend. I was like, dude, this should be my first SB Dunk Lo! So I contacted him, and with a few emails and SMSes, (the pair was not in Malaysia) it finally dropped on my lap.


This pair is called Nike SB Dunk Lo "Pushead", a collaboration with a legendary graphic artist, Brian Schroeder a.k.a. Pushead. He's been the favourite in the Heavy Metal and Hardcore music industry and some of his famous clienteles would be Metallica, Misfits and Soundgarden. He's done so many artworks for magazines and brands and other artists as well. This pair was released back in 2005, so yeah you know I've been eyeing this for how many years already.


Pushead's trademarks are the skulls, evil eyes, and of course, gory. And as you can see, this is one of the worth-buying pair, as it comes with possibly the illest customised box to ever drop from Nike.


As you can see the size is US10, and it's slightly tight for me. For Nike SB Dunk Lo, you are recommended to get half size bigger if you want more comfort. I'd go for US10.5 or even US11 for Nike SB Dunk Lo.


No comments: