Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Vans are cool, man!

Let's be realistic, a normal, average, next-door guy like me, I have a day job. My attire? Formal or semi formal, depends on who I meet for appointments but often it's determined by the weather. Nonetheless, either formal or semi formal.

Formal

Semi formal

That covers my entire day of the weekdays. In the evening I'm either at the gym, the basketball court, the futsal court, or at home. I only go out sometimes for other social activities. That's pretty much just t-shirt, shorts and running/basketball shoes, or just plain naked.

That leaves me only during the weekend to wear something different from my weekdays attire. And that's why I have a WEEKENDER column.

So to narrow down further, most of these weekends I made some effort to try something with my wardrobe. Usually it's pretty much the normal stuff though.

But during the lazy weekends, or rather a chill day, when all I want to wear is something simple and comfortable, yet still within certain style, I choose Vans. Any time.

Some of the Vans in my heavy rotations:


Vans Sk8 Hi (Gucci Colorway)

Vans Era (Checked)

Vans Slip-On x Marc Jacobs

Yes they don't look that pretty and clean, and I bet Paul Van Doren would be damn proud if he sees me justifying the existence of his Vans.

And yes too, I have few more.

No comments: