Sunday, June 13, 2010

Wild Wallet

You can see most of my entries have something to do with sneakers. It's obvious, I love sneakers. It's quite an easy decision: A fresh, good-looking sneakers will always stand out more, compared to tee/shirt, jeans/pants or accessories.

But don't get confused; I love other elements of style too. One of it, is wallet.

Wallet is part of accessories. Back in the days I used different wallets; leather, canvas, PVC, though I only remember having a Bvlgari wallet some years ago.

Let me tell you something: Getting the right wallet is just like getting a new pair of watch. It needs to fit you and your personality. It needs to represent your character, in a way. You need to love it. Imagine yourself buying a watch, you need to decide what colour it's going to be, whether it's metal or leather or canvas, round or square dial, analog or digital, and other tiny details.

If you don't believe me, just give some amount of money to someone close to you, and let him/her buy any watch for you. That person will definitely take some time to search for a suitable piece to match your personality. Well of course, if you have deep pockets and you have few pairs already, the rest would just fit in the occasions.

Same goes with wallet.

After that I got lost in other interests, and the current wallet I'm using is this:


This is a Topshop wallet, which I received as a birthday gift, two or three years ago, can't really remember. I needed a new wallet desperately that time, and what would fill that responsible, other than a birthday gift wallet?

This wallet serves me well. I changed more broken credit cards than the wallet itself.

But every good things do come to an end. I no longer need the service of that wallet, or shall I rephrase, the wallet couldn't handle my attitude anymore. Poor fella.

So I browsed through the internet, looking for a replacement. Something that fits me, my personality, my inner sense. My new, using-my-own-money wallet will have to live up to my expectation.

While I was browsing on different websites and forums (well, you can get nice stuff on forums at a decent price most of the time, just make sure it's legit) I bumped on a very, very striking and bold-looking wallet.

So that weekend I went off to the boutique.


It was a quick stop. Met an old friend, Skyylab (he works there) and paid for the stuff. Rushed home impatiently.


Skyylab also was generous to give some nice Juice stickers.

Nyum nyum...

There you go.

This is a wild collection by Head Porter, a very famous accessories brand (mainly wallet and bags, among other things) from Japan. When I first saw this piece it immediately struck my attention and I just couldn't stop talking about it ever since. And I got it.

Blue (outside) and red (inside). Wild. Wild.

Embossed and debossed

I'm a little concerned about environment, so don't worry it wasn't constructed using real crocodile leather, instead it was made using cow hide leather, and designed to look like a croc leather. A good way to not abuse those poor crocs. And of course, it comes with their standard authenticity card.

You can check out Head Porter on their Official Online Store. And thanks to Juice KL, you can check out their collections at:

Juice KL:
No. 46 & 46-1
Jalan Telawi 5
Bangsar Baru
59100, Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia
Tel: (03) 2283 5811
Website: Sole What?


WILD.

2 comments:

lolyat gang said...

bro
how much u bought the WILD HeadPorter wallet ?
tq

Budak Nakal said...

lolyat gang:
I think around RM450. Can't remember already. But it's WILD.