Thursday, April 01, 2010

Ain't nothing like Clarks.

I've always fond of Clarks shoes. My first shoes of the brand was the world-renowned Wallabees.

The actual structure

It was a gift from my ex-girlfriend, I think seven or eight years ago. Actually I did ask her to buy for me as a gift when she went to England for holiday. And Wallabees I got. Although it was oversized (I'm a 9UK, but she bought 10UK) it still didn't matter to me. I loved the shoes since I was still in high school (that was more than 10 years ago).

After I got the present (insisted to be presented to me he he he I'm a naughty naughty boy), I started to wear it regularly. It became a 'beater' (it's a slang for trashing the shoes - in a loving way) to me, up until now.

After seven years of loyalty, honor and respect

The thing about Wallabees especially, apart from Desert Trek, Desert Boots and the rest, is that it has been a popular style choice for many celebrities from Takuya Kimura, The Gallagher brothers, Ian Brown, Pharrell Williams, Kid Cudi just to name a few.

So yesterday I felt like I belong in between those names I mentioned earlier,

Wearing my Wally...

After so many years, I've decided to give my Wallabees a rest it deserves. Since I already have one in black suede, and too bad Clarks Malaysia don't bring in Wallabees to our shores anymore, now I settled with the Desert Trek which is no less interesting. Even when I was in the boutique, copping myself the Desert Trek, both the promoter guy and girl were stunned to see the Wallabees on my feet; dusty, worn out, but still looking strong and relevant.

By the way, few days back on a lazy Monday,

Burgundy leather, fresh, classy, un-seasoned (will definitely be in couple of years), gum soles:
YUMMY.


I'm still eyeing for a few more models from Clarks (including the Wallabees - God help me get this). If only my employer would offer me more money.

No comments: