Friday, April 30, 2010

Indonesian Denim Group (INDIGO)

Did you see the Random Sadoshots: "My name is Red" I posted earlier this week? This is the feature story.

Last Saturday morning, I received a phone call from an old friend, Ryan Lazuardi, asking me if I'm free to meet up for a drink and chat later that day. I haven't seen him for quite some time, a year I guess, so I thought, couldn't be a better timing so yeah let's meet up brother...

I was supposed to meet him around six at Pavilion, but due to my involvement in the Earth Day Carnival @ Ikano, I arrived at Lecka-Lecka, Starhill slightly after eight.

Little did I know, it was actually a small gathering of denimheads (a term for someone who collects and shows interest in denim/jeans), called themselves INDIGO, which stands for Indonesian Denim Group. Most of them, if not all, are Indonesian students here in Malaysia.


So I chatted with some of them which I met for the first time.

After a drink and some laughs, I had to excuse myself for another appointment, and coincidentally the rest were making their moves too.

So everybody gathered again for a photo session.


You can spot some nice jeans and sneakers too.

When it comes to being trendy, fashionable, bold and current, I have to say the Indonesians are doing it very well, better than how Malaysians dress up. They are better at expressing themselves through fashion.

I'm not so much of a denimhead if you ask me, but I do collect and wear some pretty decent jeans. This time,

Yours Truly:
Nudie Jeans "Slim Jim" Broken Twill
Nike SB Dunk Lo "Pushead"



That yellow-tee guy besides me was Ryan. And look at his sneakers,

Nike Dunk Hi "Undefeated" NL

A perfect example on how you should wear your sneakers.

This is the actual colour, if you keep them nicely in your closet.


Remember: WEAR IT, TEAR IT, DON'T SPARE IT.


Lastly, if you wish to know more about denim and want to be part of the coolness, you can join the INDIGO group on Facebook. Click at the INDIGO word.

Oh, last but not least, there's also a very cool website you can join as well, it is called Darahkubiru (my blood is blue). It's a denim forum based in Indonesia. Have a look.

Keren!

7 comments:

pohon said...

like this! haha

Anonymous said...

where to buy Nudie jeans and/or Levi's Skinny 510/511 in M'sia?

Budak Nakal said...

pohon:
Wear it, tear it, don't spare it brahhh!

jagunghangus:
There's no official Nudie Jeans retailers in Malaysia. The closest is Singapore, or Thailand. Plus it's gonna cost around RM600 and up.

As for Levi's 510/511, you can check them out at their official boutiques in big malls especially, though I'm not quite sure if they run the models on seasonal basis.

My other suggestions would be:

Do some research first on what you are looking for. For instance the price range, cutting, colour, techniques applied on the particular pair and etc.

I myself have tried (and I still wear most of them) plenty of brands and cutting, but I shall write about that in other entry.

Anonymous said...

RM600???? GULP.....! Btw, someone mentioned about Dr. Denim which can be found in Material at Pavilion. Whats your take on Dr. Denim??

Budak Nakal said...

jagunghangus:
Dr. Denim is fine I guess.

Frankly, it balls down to your personal preference, in terms of the cutting, the styling and of course the price tag.

For example, I really like Marc Jacobs jeans, even though it's not considered a 'street' or 'indie' label brand. It fits me really well.

Denim game is just as sophisticated as the sneaker game.

Good luck finding a nice pair mate.

Unknown said...

Mantap........:)

Budak Nakal said...

Bagus:
Raden ya? Thanks man.