Thursday, April 08, 2010

Basketball Night: Air Jordan 5 'Green Bean'


I have a regular basketball session every Tuesday night at Sports Barn. Been balling there for almost a year now.

Couple of months ago I bought a pair of Air Jordan 5 'Green Bean' from a friend in Jakarta. Although it is 9.5US (I'm usually a 10US - extra comfort and space) it was a sweet deal and I just couldn't resist it.

I always dig Air Jordan 1 - 5, especially Air Jordan 4. For some, like jagunghangus digs the Air Jordan 1 - 12 (reason being is that Air Jordan 13 and afterward were made after Michael Jordan retired from professional basketball). To me, it's all about your personal preference. To each his own.

It's even flashes back (reflective-coated material) Not very visible I guess.
I'll try to snap the picture at night some time

So this was my recent Tuesday session few nights back. Though there were not many, only eight came that night. Nevertheless, I managed to snap some photos of the shoes the boys were wearing.

Sugil: Air Jordan 12 'Flu Game'

Bujor: Nike Air Zoom Kevin Durant 'kd2'

Butet: Air Jordan 15

Wan Sk8: And1 shoes (I'm not sure which model) and lousy Crocs

Yours Truly: Air Jordan 5 'Green Bean'

For the last one month I've been trashing my Green Bean on the court. I personally think the shoe is pretty decent. Well, the early Jordans are kinda classic you know. It gives you some kind of 'superstar' feeling when you are balling in it.

But the frustrating part is that, the soles look like they gonna kaput soon, unless I do something about it fast.

I never signed up for this!

Yeah, it doesn't look good for a so-called premium basketball brand, I know. So I will have to find a good cobbler to fix this. This needs to be sewn to make sure it won't tear off for good. As of next week, I'm thinking of trying other pair of shoes.

Till we meet again with different sneakers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn, I miss ballin at Sports Barn!!!